Monday 6 July 2009

Long vacation back home - Malaysia

MALAYSIA - 24rd May 09. I finally landed in Malaysia LCCT airport. I was greeted by red hot yolk called the sun, it feels like entry into a hot oven from a fridge. Before I realise it, my body was perspiring from head to toe. It felt sticky and close. I have never felt like this for 1 year 8 months, time does fly! Don't you agree?

After 3 hours on the road, I finally reached Ipoh, my well missed hometown. Mom and dad greeted us. I was so glad to see them again after so long. It felt good. My ultimate indulgence back home will be the foods and drinks. My first stop - Tuck Kee fried noodles. It was such a pleasure to enjoy the great taste of fried kueh teow with soy sauce. The sweet taste and juicy Ipoh beansprouts (known to be the best in Malaysia) never failed to waken my taste buds as I chew up every spoonful of the famous dish.

About 1 1/2 months now, I enjoyed the simple moments back home. Mom's cooking is always the best in town. So far, I have tasted most of her cookings, my best all time favourites. My dad was glad that I got back. He started making full use of my PSP and Nintendo DS since he has nothing to do at the moment. Mom and dad are still unemployed but will start looking for a shop to do business soon.

I am still applying for entry clearance to re enter UK after failing once. It was me to blame for separating the perforated work permit. Due to this, my initial application was refused as the document was deemed invalid and not intact. The application cost RM 1161 and is not refundable. I lost hope soon after receiving the refusal notice. I even thought of giving up my quest of securing employment in the UK. However hard the road was, I prayed for strength and wisdom. Finally about 3 weeks later, I was told that I will get a replacement work permit. I thank God for giving me a good employer who was willing go all the way to employ me. The UKBA (United Kingdom Border Agency) provided plenty of obstacles to Oxley Developments Co. Ltd. in the process of securing my work permit. Only after much harassing did the UKBA agency promised to issue a replacement work permit to me. At the moment, I am still waiting for it to arrive. I hope it will arrive within this week. My work permit is valid for 5 years and I will need to use it to re apply for entry clearance. I do hope to get an approval of entry clearance before 18th July which is the day of my returning flight. The flight date was changed twice previously due to complication during the application of entry clearance. Both changes costs me around RM500 in total. :-(

I will keep you up to date on my progress...while waiting for my update, why not have a look at my photos on facebook.




No comments: