Sunday 23 September 2007

I got a temp job in Nottingham!!!

Hi there friends, its me again reporting from Nottingham. Let me give you a little introduction about Nottingham. Anyone who knows Robin Hood would know where he hides, right? Thats Sherwood forest which in Nottingham. Its a city full of legends, especially the Robin Hood story.

This place has a very comprehensive public transport network. We have punctual busses and trams here. Public transport are all linked together in a wonderful network to just about everywhere in town and residental areas. You will not need a car here unless you have some extra quids to spend. :P

As the networks are linked together, means 1 standard ticket for all forms of transport. Just £2.70 a day I can get to just about anywhere I want on any busses or trams.

Here is how the tram looks like:

Want to know how my current dossing place looks like? Here you go, its my aunt's house and its really comfy:

At times, we have to cook instant noodles...thats the cheapest food we can get. Easy, fast and hassle free!!!

I normally goes to the chinese takeaway where my cousin sister is working in. So happens that few days ago, her boss requires a counter boy to start work immediately. This is at the other takeaway branch somewhere in Hyson Green. What do you think I did? I agreed to start immediately without second thought. Its my 3rd day of work now, so far so good as this is just a temporary position until I secure an engineering post. I have got a few call from job agencies but they need time to search for the best position to suit my qualifications and experience. Rather than staying at home feeling helpless and bored, I decided to go ahead and start earning. Not too bad yeah!! Just 9 days after arrival and I have got a job! Here is how my work place looks like:

Want to what I do there? Well as a counter boy, I pick up calls from customers for takeaway. I sometimes need to wipe windows and sweep the floor. I also process orders from internet orders which is SMS-ed (text) together with customer details to our mobile phones. Quite busy at times but I enjoy doing it. Its much easier than kitchen work. Pay is about £200+ per week, not bad isn't it?

In case you didn't spot it. My chinese takeaway is called Chasing Dragon.
Well till the next time, here is all my update for now. Ciaozzz...



2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Wei!!!!!!

nice to hear you got a job and things are looking on the up side for you.

you work as a counter boy and you earn more than me ok!!!..of coursela good!!!..hehehe...i also want to be a counter boy..hehe..nola i know tht 200 quid is not a big deal there but then again its a good start!!..

hope you hv bigger and better things heading your way!!

Jonathan Au KC said...

Thanks a lot friend. Its really a good start. Its also lucky that I got this job. Not a hard job really...hope things will get better for you too..Fat bonus waiting for you next year.hahhahahaha

Btw..its cool here...