Monday 13 October 2008

Mountain Biking in Ambleside (Lake District)

Thank God that the weather is wonderful today. Dry with just a little mist hanging around highlands. Me and my colleague Ernesto decided to make full us of the day and do something healthy. So, we have decided to explore the Lake by mountain bikes.

Here is my rented bike. It has front and back disc brake. Nice bike for 15 pounds half a day rent. It has also front suspension. Real nice bike, only minor flaws when the chain ran off the spokes twice.

Some of the scenic routes we took today. It was nice and quiet, as you can probably notice in the picture, dead leaves create brownish patch on the side of our path, it is a sign of autumn. Temperature was around 13 to 14 degree C.

I even brought my Sat Nav there, however only after 15 mins of ride when I started to make use of it. Only to find out we are going the opposite direction. So, we had to go back and start again. : (

This is me trying to ride as quickly as I can dashing through the rough terrain downhill.


To be honest, I can barely stand afterwards, it is a full 3 hours of workout up and down the little hills. However, at least we got back in one piece which I need to thank God for. I am still worrying whether I can walk to work tomorrow. :P

Oh you might have thought that I was rushing to the toilet but didn't make it in time. Wrong! The paths were wet and muddy, this is what 3 hours do to me. I wonder what 6 hours will do. Ok then, till my next update. God bless you all.

No comments: