Thursday 16 April 2009

MEC 2009 --> Who am I?

Wonder what I did during Easter this year? Well, I joined the Midlands Easter Conference. It was a really great experience. I received so much from this retreat. It is a 4 days event full of time for sharing, devotion, meditation and talks. This is a Christian event organised by Christian students from Warwick University. There is so much fun and I met so many friends throughout the event.

Here are some pictures:



As there were about 140 + ppl joining this event, all of us were put into groups. Each group was lead by a leader who guides us in times of sharing and devotion. I was privileged to be in the "Priest" group. To summarise, this is a fun, joyful, mischievous, silly and funny group. On the first day of sharing, we had to use the little chapel eventhough we were assigned a classroom for it. This is because the room was deadlocked. As in other chapels, you expect to feel cool as soon as you get inside it, it was pitch dark as we move closer to the altar. Pretty scary I must say. It was pin drop silence...untill.....we got there!!! The chapel suddenly became alive with our laughters as we started giving each other nick names. We had Juggernaut Jon, Jet Jon, Bubbles Bert, Rainbow Rich, Joyful Jewish Jennifer, Jelly Belly Janice, Crispy Chrissy, Cat Christy, National Nicholas, Wonder woman Winnie and Demented Daniel. What a lovely and silly bunch of bozos to hang out with. We shared, played, sang and prayed together during these 4 lovely days. It was a great experience. Never had I been so silly ever since I left secondary school. We were dancing with all the nicks given to us. Rainbow will have to wave his hands upwards to form the shape of a Rainbow, Cat will have to do the catwoman gesture, Jelly Belly will need to pull her belly eventhough she do not seem to have one and etc.

Some videos were uploaded on FB which I will leave it as a link at the end of this posting. The worship sessions was great. Each church who participated had a chance of leading the sessions. It was an inspiring and stunning experience. I was touched by the dedication and efforts of worship teams and organising committee to bring us closer to God. His voice was heard throughout the retreat during talks, worships and sharing.

I am already missing each and every of the group members. Most of all I miss the grand fellowship with bros and sis in MEC.

Here are the links to pictures and videos I uploaded:

Pictures 1
Pictures 2

Videos:











No comments: