Tuesday 21 April 2009

Walking with God...

The road ahead seems to be a little gloomy, but I thank God for showing the way. Although it sometimes felt as if I am walking alone, God is standing by my side all the time. I never realise he was behind me as I was dashing ahead, moving too fast, not according to His pace but mine. Only when I fall down and look back, I saw His face with His arms wide open, ready to pick me up again. All this while, He has tried to bless me, walking behind me, standing by to make sure I stand up again every time I fall.

The path of righteousness is an arduous one. There are so many shortcuts along the way. Sometimes, I felt tempted to try out of curiosity, to use the short way, away from the Father. Time and time, He calls me back. I can always hear him calling me back to the right way, but like a child being called by mommy for dinner while he is still enjoying a game, I too can be hearing but not listening. So how do I stay tune to his voice? I must love God with all my heart and my soul. 

I am not a child anymore now, however I still miss my parents very much. This was because a strong bonding of relationship has developed between me and my parents. We lived together, sharing ups and downs. Eventhough I used to get beaten up and mocked at whenever I do wrong, I looked back realising those are their ways of making me stronger to take up responsibility and to be someone useful in the future. I am thankful for the canings and harsh words (eventhough it is not applicable to our society now). The same goes to our relationship with God, if we live with him daily, wherever we go we will feel his presence. From my perspective, he is always talking to me. Whether I am hearing or listening is another question. I pray to be ever listening and not hearing. 

"Faith is when death no longer appears to be a threat, faith is not just believing without seeing but understanding the nature of the right path and walk by it. Just like a blind man feeling his way using a walking stick, as he practices walking with it daily, he cannot walk and felt lost without it. That stick becomes his faith"

No comments: