Tuesday 14 August 2007

Happening Ipoh (My lovely home)

ANOTHER 27 days...

As days are nearing to my departure to UK, I took every opportunity to enjoy all the delicate foods in Ipoh. I even took time to go "yam char" with everyone I know. As I know life is going to be tough once I am there in UK, every day is so important to me and minutes become so significant now. Among foods I have already cleared from my never ending list were Nasi Lemak, "Luk luk" (Mini steamboat like satay style), friend mee hon, Bak Ku Teh and etc.

Just last Saturday, 11th Aug 2007, I was so lucky to witness one of the grand events held in Ipoh, it was the open air summer concert jointly organised by 8TV, Magnum and other proud sponsors. All held in front of my old school, St. Michael. Not in its field but "Ipoh Padang".

Here are some of the moments taken during the night:

It was really fantastic. About 16 different singers from Korea, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan presented their masterpieces. Right towards the end of it, I got the rare opportunity to snap photos of these celebrities in their vans. The last picture shows one of the many celebrities, this particular one is from Korea. It was a hot night, real "HOT" if you know what I really meant. Crowd contains mainly of youngsters and adolescents so it was really a lively crowd. I guess no one expected Ipoh can be so cool and happening. I am so proud to be an Ipoh-ian. This event was also showed live on 8TV. Unfortunately I was not captured on TV, else I could be an instant celebrity.


This weekend should be a happening one as I will be travelling down to KL for Saturday night fever. Some of my colleagues wanted to chill out in ALOHA bar while doing a farewell bash for me there. Gonna be cool I guess. If it really materialise, well, of course you guys and gals out there will get to see more pics. That's a promise for sure.

No comments: