Wednesday 24 September 2008

So it has finally come to my farewell...

I have tried so hard to apply for a permanent position. Praying hard everyday asking my Lord to reveal His plan for me. I prayed and prayed...One fine day, I received an anonymous call from a head hunter. I get plenty of such calls since I got into UK. Therefore, I am not suprised at all. As usual, he explained the role to me, checked if I am interested and told me to wait for his call. I never expect too much as previous experience fails me too many times.

Middle of this year I went for Rolls Royce job assessment, which I failed. I did put some hope, expecting to get it but to no avail. Really dissapointed. However, as I dwell on this thought, the phone rang and I was invited for an interview in Barrow-In-Furness. The journey is about 4 hours by rail. I stayed there for a night, again doing my usual daily prayer and quiet time. Interview went smoothly and I believed I answered well.

The following week, my prayer was answered and I was offered a permanent role as a Process Engineer working for the firm Oxley Developments Co. Ltd. This comes as a real suprise to me...God really works in miraculous ways..ways we never expected. Its coming close to a year of work in Nottingham (my visa only allows work up to a year). I thought if I do not get a permanent position I might as well go back to Malaysia and start afresh.

I officially started my job on the 1st September 2008. It is real far away from Nottingham and I must say I miss my family back home in Malaysia as well as my spiritual family in Nottingham. At the moment work is from 8 till 4.30 Mon-Thurs and 8 till 1.27pm on a Friday. Working in the UK is pretty relaxing and easy going. I enjoy the working culture here. There are more opportunities to travel about and attend trainings. Where else in Malaysia, this opportunities are really rare. I have so much time for myself now a days so I spend it mostly online updating my blogs and facebook. Of course, not forgetting to have quiet time for God, for He loves us and is good...

Here are the pictures taken before I left for Barrow...


My Bros and sis in Christ...aren't they good looking? Hahahah...of course all of us do.

Here is my company ID...picture taken was with bad lighting, not because I got a tan...if you notice the condition statement just right below the card "PROPERTY OF THE COMPANY", does that mean I belong to the company???

Town Hall of Barrow-In -Furness

I am living in a single bedroom flat right now, rented property. It comes fully furnished with fridge, hobs, washing machine, oven, tables, bed, sofa and etc...The size is really comfortable for one person and I have a double bed all to myself. :P










1 comment:

Andrew Koh said...

Hey Jon, good to hear of your new job at Oxley (you certainly don't belong to them, or else gotta work 24-7, haha). Nice apartment also, enjoyed looking at the photos in your blog, they paint a million words! May God be with you in this new chapter..