Monday 29 September 2008

Sunset in Walney Island

I walked 5 miles just to get to Walney Island just off Barrow-In-Furness. It was a little tiring, maybe because I have not been exercising much lately. The long walk is really worth it as the evening sun sets just after I reach the beach. I am so glad to enjoy the beauty of nature once again, praying and thanking our Heavenly father for everything he has given me. Sometimes I ever wonder how powerful our God is. The universe and earth runs on its own orbit and system. Timing is just perfect and it never fails. Our God is perfect.

This is a restaurant and club which they call "The Boat". Heard that it is a nice place to hangout at night. I am not too sure about the food but will try one day.

One of the nice ships anchoring around Barrow shore.

Ever notice the boats are overturned and not supported by water? Well, it is low tide when this picture is taken. It will be floating again once high tide takes place.


Lots of seagulls as I walk to the island.



Notice that there is a lot of barrier rocks around the perimeter of the coast. This is to prevent waves from washing up to the houses when gale force winds strikes. This picture is taken when it is low tide, the water will come up to somewhere around the rocky perimeters when it is high tide. Most of these houses are dwelled by pensioners, in a couple of years, when the water level goes up due to global warming, these houses might be at risk. Poor thing for the pensioners as they will have to move out eventually...


The beach is a large piece of flat land, so when the tide comes towards the shore, it goes really quick and I saw this myself yesterday. We can literally see the waves washing nearer towards the shore. Water covers up the whole area in a matter of hours. If we are not careful, the consequence which follows might be fatal as we can get washed out into the sea.


Here comes the final pics..sunset which was what I waited for...

No comments: