Monday 29 September 2008

Trip to Ulverston for Lantern festival

Here comes another update from me. I went to a town called Ulverston which is only about 25 minutes drive from here. Found out that Lantern Festival is held there annually. Therefore, I seize the opportunity to check it out myself.

It was quite a chilly evening when I reach Ulverston. The event was great and I took a couple of nice shots during the lantern procession. This is similar to our Chinese mid-autumn festival or "Baat Yuet Sapt Ng", just that the lanterns are white and colourless. It was nice and entertaining somehow and a lot of the lanterns are actually handmade by the bearers themselve. Good work of art...
Ulverston is an ancient market town, thats why the streets are cobbled just like Rome, Italy.
There is these band which play good music to brighten up the atmosphere.
Suddenly comes two lovely angels to bless us with little magic sparkles. (Confetti)
Don't you think the lanterns are just amazing???

Towards the end of it, everyone gathers with their lantern in Ford Park where there is firework display. It was spectacular but I did not get any good fireworks shots. Sorry...



No comments: